Charlotte County Chamber of Commerce
Economic Development Council
Edison Community College
Florida Gulf Coast University
One of the fastest growing counties in the state, Charlotte County offers a unique and promising opportunity for businesses considering expanding or relocating. The county has the necessary requisites for relocation of business and industry -- including an appealing tax base, low business costs, the state's lack of a personal income tax, strong financial institutions, rail and road transportation (I-75 bisects the county), labor force, employee training facilities and a well-placed industrial park.
Land for industrial development is abundant, with industrial parks dotting the county and more than 3,000 acres set aside for industrial use. The links below will send you to key Websites involving local businesses or organizations designed to help business development:
- Charlotte County Chamber of Commerce - Browse through the chamber's membership list or ask the chamber for more information on the area.
- Economic Development Council - If you're thinking of relocating your business or starting a business in the area, this organization will help you get going. Their site also contains the latest statistical data on the area.
- Edison Community College - Edison Community College, located in the heart of Punta Gorda, can work with your business in offering classes that help better train your employees.
- IMPAC University is a nationally accredited MBA granting institution and has been rated in the top 1% of all online granting institutions in the country by Sales Power Magazine.
- Englewood Area Board of Realtors
- Florida Gulf Coast University - Florida's newest university offers a full slate of courses that can better train you and your employees.
- Industrial Park - This county owned park, located just down the road from Edison Community College, gives businesses of all sizes an affordable place to call home.
- Service Corps Of Retired Executives (SCORE) - This information-packed site gives you information on the various forms of free business counseling the organization offers, as well as printable operating statements of typical businesses.